Monday, May 6, 2013
Wow, what a week. May 6 - 12 is National Nurses Week. Tuesday, May 7 is National Teacher Appreciation Day. And of course Sunday, May 12 is Mother's Day. If you are a nurse, a teacher, and/or a mom, this is your week for freebies! Here's what we've tracked down around town. Please let us know in the comments if you find more deals.
- Cinnabon - May 6-12, nurses can get a free Cinnabon Classic Roll or Minibon Roll, with healthcare ID badge. This deal is "at participating locations," so give the location near you a call before heading out.
- Chick-fil-A North Mopac at Parmer Lane - May 7, from 10:30 a.m. - 10 p.m., show your healthcare ID to receive a free entrée. 12501 N. Mopac Exp., Austin.
- Buca di Beppo - May 6 - 10. Use this coupon to get a free Buca-Taster bowl of macaroni and cheese. The coupon is for dine-in only and you must show your healthcare ID. 3612 Tudor Blvd, Austin.
- Chipotle - May 7, from 4 p.m. - close. Teachers and educators who show a valid school ID identifying them as staff will receive a free burrito, salad, burrito bowl or order of tacos when they purchase another menu item at Chipotle Mexican Grill.
- SeaWorld San Antonio - Texas credentialed teachers can register online to get a free Fun Card. With the 2013 card, teachers can visit SeaWorld San Antonio all year for free!
- Mama Fu's - May 12 - 14. Mamas get a free entrée, with a minimum purchase of $15.
- YoCup - Sunday, May 12. Whether your mom is the traditional type, or not so much, she deserves a treat for putting up with YOU. Your mom eats free with your purchase. Plan on bringing your mom to YoCup on Mother’s Day. When you buy one or more cups of frozen yogurt, Mom’s frozen yogurt is complimentary, courtesy of YoCup. Good on small cups, or cones, only please. 10700 Anderson Mill Rd Suite 105, Austin.
- Chick-fil-A North Mopac at Parmer Lane - Saturday, May 11, from 6 a.m. - 10 p.m. Treat your mother to a meal at Chick-fil-A the day before Mother's Day. All mothers will receive a free entrée of their choice. 12501 N. Mopac Exp., Austin.
- IKEA Round Rock - Sunday, May 12, from 9:30 - 11 a.m. Come to IKEA Round Rock between 9:30 and 11:00 a.m. on Mother's Day and receive breakfast for free. 1 IKEA Way, Round Rock.
- Moms Nite Out at Barton Creek Square - Thursday, May 9, from 5 - 8 p.m. Come enjoy an evening of fashion tips, makeovers, pampering, refreshments, entertainment, and great giveaways! Be one of the first 250 to register at the event and receive a fabulous swag bag and enter to win even more! Barton Creek Square, Macy’s Court, 2901 Capital of Texas Hwy, Austin.
- Moms Nite Out at Lakeline Mall - Thursday, May 9, from 5 - 8 p.m. It’s your night to celebrate being a mom. Grab your girlfriends and head to Lakeline Mall for a night packed full of fun with fashion tips, makeovers, entertainment and more! The first 300 ladies will get a chance to pick up a fabulous swag bags and all attendees will be able to enter prize drawings. Stick around for a fashion show featuring the latest in spring fashions and enjoy complimentary light bites and beverages. Lakeline Mall, 11200 Lakeline Mall Drive, Cedar Park.
- Moms Nite Out at the Arboretum - Thursday, May 9, from 5 - 8 p.m. At The Arboretum at Great Hills, attendees will have the opportunity to participate in an exciting evening filled with refreshments, entertainment, fashion and beauty services, all focused on rewarding moms. The first 100 ladies will get a chance to pick up a fabulous swag bags and all attendees will be able to enter hourly prize drawings. Enjoy complimentary light bites and beverages, as well as make-overs, massages, and hair/make-up touch ups compliments of AZIZ Salon & Day Spa. There will also be a DJ and an on-site photo booth where you and your friends can use the variety of props provided to take a photo which prints out instantly. The Arboretum,10000 Research Boulevard, Austin.
- Flying Theater Machine - Sunday, May 12 at 2 p.m. See improv for kids at The Hideout. Mothers and grandmothers get in free! Everyone else is $7; $8 in advance. 617 Congress Avenue, Austin.
- Mother's Day at the Capitol - Sunday, May 12, from 7 - 8 p.m. What better way to close out a great day with Mom than by taking her to a free concert at the Texas State Capitol in her honor? The Austin Symphonic Band will perform well-known tunes, including marches and musical numbers, that you and your mom are sure to enjoy! Get there early to select the best seating .. this concert gets more popular every year. Texas State Capitol South Steps, 1100 Congress Ave, Austin.
- Mother's Day Celebration in Round Rock - Saturday, May 11, from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. The City of Round Rock invites the community to celebrate Mother’s Day and enjoy a variety of activities including performances by student mariachi groups. Texas State mariachi group, the Round Rock Ballet Folklorico, and the Round Rock Symphony are also scheduled to perform. Centennial Plaza, 301 W. Bagdad, Round Rock.
- Mom-o-rama at Whole Foods - Thursday, May 9, from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Come celebrate your mom-ness in all US Whole Foods stores. There will be tasty samples and lots of treats. Plus, the first 50 moms will get goodie bags.
- Safari Champ - Sunday, May 12. Moms, to thank you for all you do to, stop in to Safari Champ for some extra special treats while the kids play: First 15 customers will get a Free Manicure gift card from Diamond Nails; $3 admission per child all day long; Chocolate covered Strawberries for all moms. 1400 East Old Settlers Blvd # 200, Round Rock.
- Half Price Books - Buy a $25 gift card for mom, get a $5 bonus card for free. This offer is available through May 12.
- Pei Wei - Buy a $30 gift card, through May 26, and bring in your receipt the next time you visit to get a free Pei Wei Combo. This offer may be redeemed through June 2.
- Splashway Waterpark (Sheridan) - Sunday, May 12. Moms are free with the purchase of a child admission.
- Splashtown (San Antonio) - Sunday, May 12. Bring Mom out to Splashtown to celebrate Mother's Day; she gets free admission with any paid admission.