Thursday, May 2, 2013
- Bailey Park - Open May 18 - September 8, 2013 daily from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. 1101 W. 33rd Street. (Review)
- Bartholomew Park - Open May 18 - September 8, 2013 daily from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Bartholomew Park, 5200 Berkman Drive. (Photos).
- Chestnut Park - Open May 18 - September 8, 2013 daily from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. 2207 East 16th Street. (Photos).
- Clarksville Splash Pad - Open May 18 - September 8, 2013 daily from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. 1811 W. 11 Street. (Review).
- Dick Nichols District Park - There is a kids water-play area with a seal spitting water and hike and bike trails that wander throughout. 8011 Beckett Rd.
- Eastwoods Park - Open May 18 - September 8, 2013 daily from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. 3001 Harris Park Blvd. (Review).
- Liz Carpenter Fountain at Butler Park - Open year-round. Hours of operation are: Monday: noon to 9:45 p.m. Tuesday - Sunday: 8 a.m. to 9:45 p.m. Closed for maintenance Mondays from 8 a.m. to noon. 1000 Barton Springs Rd. (just south of Auditorium Shores). (Review).
- Lott Splash Pad - Open May 18 - September 8, 2013 daily from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. 1108 Curves Street.
- Metz Splash Pad - Free sprinkler park by Metz Recreation Center. Open May 18 - September 8, 2013 daily from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. 2407 Canterbury St. (Review)
- Pease Park's Water Sprayground - Open May 18 - September 8, 2013 daily from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. 1100 Kingsbury St. (Review)
- Rosewood Splash Pad - Open May 18 - September 8, 2013 daily from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. The neighboring Rosewood Pool is also free, but is open different hours for recreational swimming. 2300 Rosewood Ave.
- Ricky Guerrero Splash Pad - Open May 18 - September 8, 2013, from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., every day except Wednesday. On Wednesdays it will be closed for maintenance. 2006 S. 6th Street. (Review)
- Southpark Meadows - Small bubbling fountains are located in The Grove, behind Mama Fu's, next to a great big, fun playground. Kids enjoy splashing and running through the water. The fountain is not always turned on and there is no set operating schedule. 9600 IH-35 South in South Austin.
- The Triangle - The park at The Triangle offers a fountain for children to play in. Adults enjoy shopping at the Austin Farmers' Market on Wednesdays from 3 - 7 p.m. The fountain is not always turned on and there is no set operating schedule. So far, in 2013, we have found this fountain to be not operational. 4700 N. Lamar Boulevard. (Photos).
- The Domain - There is a little splash pad with bubblers located directly in front of Guest Services. There is another bigger fountain that you can play in, located in Domain II, on the walkway between Dick's Sporting Goods and Dillard's, in front of Gold Class Cinemas. (Photos). As of July 3, 2013, the water is still turned off. You should contact Guest Services at (512) 873-8099 to see if the water is turned on before heading over there. 11410 Century Oaks Terrace.
Bee CaveAnd now, a handy interactive map! If you are on a smart phone, go here to see the Splash Pad map. Otherwise, you should be able to see the map below.
- Hill Country Galleria - Interactive fountain is currently operational, but is turned off when the weather is bad or when another event is scheduled to take place in the amphitheater. Give Guest Services a call to confirm that the interactive fountain is turned on, before heading over there (512-263-0001). 12700 Hill Country Blvd. (Photos)
- Water Playscape at Brushy Creek Park - The water playscape operates daily from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and is open from May through September. There is no staying dry at this playscape, with jets gushing water from below and pipes spraying water from above. There is a playground and restrooms, as well as plenty of nearby picnic tables. 3300 Brushy Creek Road. (Photos)
- Champion Park - Kids can run through a blue whale skeleton and get sprayed by water. There is also a fun bubbler to play in. The sprinkler park operates May through September, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. (Update 8/4/13: Due water restrictions, the splash pad is currently operational only Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.) Don't miss digging for dino bones in the shaded sand box. There are restrooms by the parking lot. 3830 Brushy Creek Road. (Review)
- Glenwood Splash Pad - Open June 1 - Labor Day weekend, from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. daily. 101 Fishbaugh Lane.
- Water Playscape at Robin Bledsoe Park - Operates May 1 - September 30, 2013, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. This fun splash park features water guns and buckets that dump water on unsuspecting heads. It is fully enclosed, with a gate. There are restrooms and a playground close by. For more information on the Robin Bledsoe Park aquatic facilities, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at (512) 528-9909. 601 South Bagdad Road.
- Quarry Splash Pad - Opening for the season on May 4, 2013. Will operate from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. daily, through September. Admission is $1 per person (bring cash). Quarry Splash Pad recorded information line: 512-943-1919. This recording will be updated when the splash pad closes for weather. 3005 County Road 175. (Photos).
- Falcon Pointe Splash Park - This splash park is open from May 1 to October 1, 2013, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily, weather permitting. It is kid-powered, requiring kids to push a button to activate the water. After the button has been pressed, the water will remain on for 90 seconds. The splash park is located at the corner of Drifting Meadows Drive and Tranquility Lane in the development of Falcon Pointe in Pflugerville. (Photos)
- Northeast Metropolitan Park - The water is on at this new water play area, located at the far end of the park, behind the skate park. The water can be turned on by the push of a button. There is also a shaded sand pit, rock climbing wall, swings, and plenty of picnic tables nearby. Restrooms are located next to the water play area. 2703 E Pecan Street. (Review)
- Main Street Plaza - The Main Street Plaza Water Fountain is now open 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sundays, 7:30 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 10 p.m. Monday - Thursday, 7:30 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 11 p.m. Fridays, and 7:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturdays. Fountain may be closed during some holidays and special events that take place in Prete Plaza. Call the Round Rock Parks & Recreation Department at (512) 218-5540 or visit the website for more information. 221 East Main Street, across from the Round Rock Public Library. (Review)
To view the splash pad map in its own window, click here.
Want more free water fun? Head over here to see the 28 Free Austin Pools 2013 Schedules.