Monday, January 7, 2013
AMOA-Arthouse is offering two FREE programs for area high school students who have an interest in and want to explore and dive deeper into the world of contemporary art. Both programs give budding artists amazing opportunities to meet artists, learn more about the local art scene, grow their portfolio, and more.
Club-A is a free, intensive program at The Jones Center for Austin area high school students (ages 14 - 18) who have a strong interest in visual arts, allowing them to delve more deeply into modern and contemporary art one afternoon each week. Meetings are held during the school year on Wednesdays, from 5 - 7 p.m.
- Meet artists
- Make art
- Take field trips to galleries and artists' studios
- Know what's happening in the Austin contemporary art community
- Get a behind-the-scenes view of the Jones Center and Laguna Gloria
- Plan parties and events for other teens
- Work together to organize collaborative art projects
Young Artists is a free Saturday morning high school arts program focused on helping students with a strong interest in art develop their art portfolios and learn more about opportunities in the arts. Priority is given to students from underserved areas in and around Austin. Meetings are held on Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Young Artists participants receive:
- Free art supplies
- One on one instruction from professional artists during workshops
- Portfolio advice
- Information about college art programs
- A public exhibition of their artwork
- A portfolio CD to add to their college applications
- Free bus passes
AMOA-Arthouse at the Jones Center
700 Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78703