Tuesday, November 27, 2012
The Domain is once again offering free horse-drawn carriage rides on Fridays and Saturdays through December 22, 2012, from 5:30 - 9:30 p.m. There are two pick-up points: one outside of the north entrance of Macy's, near the large Christmas tree, and one next to Santa's Workshop, across from Dillard's, next to Maggiano's. The rides are free, but tips are appreciated.
When we rode the carriage last year, we found that arriving just before 5:30 p.m. on a Friday night at the Maggiano's location worked well. We were the second family in line. If you have been before, please leave your suggestions in the comments!
For more information, visit the Austin Carriage Facebook page or contact Guest Services at The Domain at (512) 795-4230.
Also happening at The Domain this holiday season:
- Free Breakfast with Santa - December 1, 2012 at 9 a.m. RSVP required.
- Free Holiday Music - December 8, 11, 14 and 18, 2012.
- Free Holiday Movie Series - The Domain invites families to watch their favorite holiday movies on the plaza! Plaza in Domain II, Near The Range Golf Club & Sports Bar. Saturdays at 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 12/1 National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
- Saturday, 12/8 Home Alone
- Saturday, 12/15 Elf
- Saturday, 12/22 Polar Express
- Photos with Santa (not free) - Go here for Santa's schedule.
11410 Century Oaks Terrace
Austin, Texas 78758