Monday, March 26, 2012
For the 2013 roundup of Easter Egg Hunts, click here.
Okay, parents. Here is a list of some great FREE Easter egg-scouring opportunities all around town. Please double check all details before heading out, as times, dates, or locations may change due to inclement weather.
Saturday, March 31
- Dove Springs Recreation Center, 10 a.m. -- Age Groups: walking toddlers- 2 yrs old, 3 - 5 yrs old, 6 - 8 yrs old, 9 - 12 yrs old. Eggs will be filled with candy and ticket for prizes!! Refreshments after the Easter Egg Hunt. Rain or shine. (5801 Ainez Drive, Austin, TX 78744).
- Eggs Away! in Georgetown, 10 a.m. -- Come to the Georgetown Municipal Airport for this first-time event! Candy eggs will be dropped from the WWII-era bomber during a flyover at the airport. The plane drop is at 10:00 am. Plan to arrive by 9:30 am. Eggs Away is for children 10 and under, and it’s free! Enter the Airport at the North Gate by Halmar Cove. The inclement weather date is Saturday, April 7. Georgetown Municipal Airport ( 500 Terminal Drive, Georgetown).
- Cat Hollow Park Egg Hunt, 10 a.m. -- The 14th Annual Egg Hunt at Cat Hollow Park. Hunt eggs and receive a goody bag. Age-specific egg hunt groups will start on time so don't be late! Cat Hollow Park (8600 O'Connor Drive, Round Rock).
- Pflugerville Spring Pfling, noon - 3 p.m. -- A great family event where instead of a giant hunt, children will receive candy while visiting various booths in the park. Enjoy a petting zoo, kiddie train, face painting, moonwalk, and a clown making balloon shapes! Arrive early to learn how to do the bunny hop with Lonestar Dance. Heritage Park (901 Old Austin Hutto Road, Pflugerville).
- Lakeway Eggstravaganza, 2 p.m. -- Happy Easter, Happy Spring from the City of Lakeway! Celebrate the season with Eggstravaganza! at City Park. The event will begin at 2 p.m. kicking off with a petting zoo, the Easter Bunny and music from special guest, Joe McDermott. Age specific egg hunts will begin at 2:45 with the 7 - 8 year olds going first, followed by the 5 - 6 year old group. The hunt for the 3 - 4 year olds will happen around 3:00 and you can cheer on the 1 - 2 year olds after that. Children from the area are invited to participate in all the of the attractions which include a cookie decorating craft and glitter tattoo artists. Snowcones and ice cream will be available for purchase. Please, no dogs at this event. City Park (502 Hurst Creek Road, Lakeway).
- Franklin Family Ranch Easter Picnic, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. The 10th Annual Family Easter Picnic & Easter Egg Hunt at Franklin Family Ranch. Great family fun — climb the rock, obstacle course, superslide, face painting, live music, happy train rides,
and more. Bring blankets, chairs, footballs, and frisbees. Franklin Family will take care of the rest. Take either US 290 or RR 165 to Middle Creek Rd. (County Road 410) and follow the signs. 10 miles east of Blanco, TX, between San Antonio and Austin – 45 minutes from either city.
- Southwest YMCA Easter Egg Hunt, 1 - 3 p.m. (6219 Oakclair Drive, Austin).
- Milburn Park Eggstravaganza, 2 p.m. -- Bring your basket to hunt for over 79,000 pieces of candy, prizes and goodies. Take your photo with the bunny until 2:45 p.m. (bring your own camera). The egg hunt is for ages 12 and under. Milburn Park (1901 Sun Chase Blvd., Cedar Park).
- Huston-Tillotson University's 7th Annual Community Easter Egg Hunt, 4 p.m. -- Hunt for thousands of eggs hidden on the HT campus. The Easter egg hunt features a $500 scholarship prize egg, prize eggs for school supplies and gift certificates, and eggs with candy and coins. Children will gather in the Mary E. Branch Gymnasium for a brief meaning of Easter story time before joining their age groups and beginning the hunt. In case of rain, the hunt will be held on Monday, April 9 at 4 p.m. All ages welcome. Huston-Tillotson University (900 Chicon St., Austin).
- Farmer Fred's Spring Carnival, 6 - 9 p.m. Free admission and egg hunt for kids. Easter Bunny photos, a moon bounce and a barrel train will cost extra. San Marcos Plaza Park.
- Hancock Recreation Center Easter Egg Hunt, 10:15 a.m. -- Hancock Recreation Center (811 E. 41st Street, Austin, TX 78751).
- Turner Roberts Recreation Center Easter Egg Hunt, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. -- Carnival activities provided. Turner Roberts Recreation Center (7201 Colony Loop Dr, Austin, TX 78724).
- City of Hutto Easter Egg Hunt, 9 - 10:15 a.m. -- Greet the Easter Bunny and Hutto Hippo and hunt for goodies on the hill at Fritz Park. Prize eggs were hidden on the hill for hunters to find and turn in to claim a prize. Ages 0 - 10. Fritz park (400 Park St., Hutto).
- Egg Extravaganza in Georgetown, 9 a.m. -- Easter Egg Hunt at 9 a.m. Followed by campfire scrambled eggs, yester-year games, portable chicken coop - 4-H student project laying hens, and kitchen scrap (egg shell) compost demo. Indoor activities will include pipping chicks in the egg, baby chicks, egg candling, and shell-less egg exhibit. WellSpring United Methodist Church (6200 Williams Drive, Georgetown).
- University Hills Optimist Club Community Easter Egg Hunt, 9 a.m. -- All ages are invited for an exciting morning of hunting eggs. There will be some prizes given away and food available for purchase. Texas Roadhouse will also be there. University Hills Optimist Club (401 W. St. Johns Avenue, Austin).
- Community Egg Hunt in Georgetown, 10 a.m. -- Free! Community-wide Easter Egg Hunt, Kitchen Scrap (egg shell) compost demonstration, outdoor yester-year games, sponsored by First United Methodist Church. Kelley Park, 805 W. 17th Street, Georgetown.
- The Big Hunt in Kyle, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. -- Easter egg hunt at Thunder Hill Raceway in Kyle, hosted by The Connection Church. Over 30,000 candy and prize-filled eggs, inflatable games, live music, Easter Bunny and racecars on display. Thunder Hill Raceway (24801 N IH-35, Kyle).
- Rattan Creek Easter Egg Hunt & Pancake Breakfast, 8:30 - 11 a.m. -- The egg hunts start at 9:30 a.m. (for children younger than 4) and continue at 10:30 a.m. (for children 7-10) and at 10:45 a.m. (for kids age 4-6). For more information, call 512-257-1255. Rattan Creek Community Center (7617 Elkhorn Mountain Trail, Austin).
- Pickfair Community Center Eggstravaganza & Open House, 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. (egg hunt at 10:30 a.m.) -- A fun filled morning at Pickfair Community Center! Enjoy an open house with games, crafts, activities; followed by an egg hunt, and a chance to meet the Bunny! The eggs will contain candy, small toys, and stickers for kids 2 to 5 yrs. old. The Bunny will be there to join in on the fun and for pictures with the kids (bring your camera)! Pickfair Community Center (10904 Pickfair Drive, Austin).
- Givens Recreation Center, 10 a.m. - noon -- There is no cost. Just bring your little ones and have a good time. Grab your baskets, bring your cameras and don’t miss this fun family event! (3811 E. 12th, Austin, TX 78721).
- Gus Garcia Recreation Center, 10 a.m. - noon -- Music and Information Booths. Gus Garcia Recreation Center (1201 E. Rundberg Lane, Austin).
- Montopolis Recreation Center Easter Celebration, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. -- Carnival Activities provided. For toddlers to 12-year-olds. Montopolis Recreation Center (1200 Montopolis Dr.Austin, TX 78741).
- Bunny Jam, 10 a.m. - noon -- Parque Zaragoza Recreation Center presents the Bunny Jam 2012 for ages 2-10. Parque Zaragoza Recreation Center (2608 Gonzales St.Austin, TX 78702).
- Dottie Jordan Recreation Center Easter Egg Hunt, 10 a.m. - noon -- Information booths and games. Dottie Jordan Recreation Center (2803 Loyola Lane, Austin, TX 78723).
- Cantu/Pan Am Recreation Center Easter Egg Hunt, 11 a.m. -- A free neighborhood event. For ages 2 to 8. Cantu/Pan Am Recreation Center (2100 East 3rd St.Austin, TX 78702).
- Rosewood Recreation Center Easter Celebration, 1 - 5 p.m. -- Rosewood Recreation Center (1182 North Pleasant Valley Rd.Austin, TX 78702).
- Bethany Lutheran Easter Egg Hunt & Celebration, 10 a.m. -- Celebrate Easter with an egg hunt, games, pony rides, animals, face painting, activities, and other events. The event is open to little ones up through 4th grade. Please note that the egg hunt will begin on 10:15 a.m. Bethany Lutheran Church (3701 W. Slaughter Ln., Austin).
- Capitol Grounds, 11 a.m. -- Hosted by First United Methodist Church of Austin. Bring your own lunch for a picnic, or purchase a lunch there. There will be family-friendly races, live music with a steel drum band, followed by an egg hunt. Easter Egg Hunt and Picnic on the west lawn of the Capitol Grounds will begin at 11:00 a.m. and hunting will start at 11:30 a.m. for preschoolers and noon for kindergarteners and up. You are welcome to donate empty eggs for next year's egg hunt.
- Riverbend Church Easter Eggtravaganza, 10 - 11:30 a.m. -- FREE community wide event for children up to 5th grade. Includes activities like moon jumps, petting zoo, kiddie express train, and face painting. The highlight of the morning takes place when the Easter Bunny and Chick arrive for the huge egg hunt of over 12,000 Easter eggs. Bring a camera! Riverbend Church (4214 North Capital of Texas Hwy., Austin).
- City of Taylor Easter Egg Hunt, 10 a.m. -- Children will be divided into two age groups, ages one through three; ages four though six. One parent or adult must accompany each child.
- Easter Fest, 10 a.m. - noon -- Hosted by LifeChurch in Leander. Families everywhere are invited to participate in the First Annual Easter Fest 2012 featuring a live butterfly release, family entertainment, games for kids, arts and crafts, bouncy houses and food. (County Road 2071, Leander TX, just around corner from Rouse High School on a beautiful 25-acre sprawl of land).
- Hays Communities YMCA Easter Egg Hunt, 10 a.m. -- (465 Buda Sportsplex Dr. Buda).
- River City Youth Foundation Easter Egg Hunt in Dove Springs, 11 am. - 1 p.m. -- Dove Springs families are invited to participate in this free festival featuring an Easter Egg Hunt for all ages, pictures with the Easter Bunny, face painting, games for kids, and food. (5209 S. Pleasant Valley Road, Austin, TX 78744)
- Helicopter Egg Drop, 12 p.m. -- Fun for the whole family as The Exchange Church gives away 50,000 eggs! FREE admission and FREE hotdogs (while supplies last). Hunts will be divided by age group. Registration begins at noon and is required to participate in the hunt. Get a head start by printing out the registration form, complete in advance and bring it with you! Northeast Metropolitan Park (Pecan St & Toll 130, Pflugerville).
- Easter Eggstravaganza at Highland Mall, 1 - 3 p.m. -- Hop into Highland Mall to celebrate Spring and Easter with the Easter Bunny (take your own photos for free), lots of spring crafts and activities, face paint, fun games and sweets and treats! Bring a basket to tote home all the fun goodies! Highland Mall (6001 Airport Blvd., Austin).
- French Legation Museum , 1 - 5 p.m. -- An afternoon of family fun at the French Legation Museum. As always the grounds will be open from 1-5pm for picnics, and this year the Museum will host an egg hunt and egg races for varying age groups. Have you ever heard of Easter Fires? Guests will also learn about this Fredericksburg tradition and other interesting facts about the history and celebration of Easter in Central Texas. (802 San Marcos St., Austin).
- Eggstravaganza Easter Hunt Hosted by Bannockburn Baptist Church, 9 - 11 a.m. -- The South Austin campus will host multiple egg hunts for the various age groups. From 12-2 p.m., the activities will be repeated at the Dripping Springs campus. There will also be a bounce house for the children and coffee for the parents and grandparents. At both events, there will be a time to honor the families of those who have served in the military in recent years.
- University Co-op Egg Hunt, 9:30 a.m. until all 900 eggs are found -- An egg hunt for candy and discounts. University Co-op Main store in Austin (2246 Guadalupe).
- Green Easter Egg Hunt, 10 a.m. -- At the Downtown SFC Farmers' Market in Republic Square Park. Kids of all ages can hunt for recycled cascarones filled with grass seed. Smaller kids will have a chance to grab eggs and coupons for free strawberries first, followed by a second wave of kids let loose in the green Republic Square Park. The market opens at 9 a.m., and the Easter egg hunt begins at 10 a.m. Families can also enjoy live music, and kids can get their pictures taken with the Easter Bunny! Republic Square Park (400 W. Guadalupe).
- Pioneer Farms Easter Sunrise Service, 7 - 8:30 a.m. -- Over 800 people are expected to attend the Easter sunrise service, consisting of Bible readings, music, and an Easter message preached by Pastor Donald Patterson. Following the service there will be an Easter Egg hunt at 8:15 a.m. for children through age 8 and a full breakfast will be served in the Fellowship Hall at 8:45 a.m. Pioneer Farms (10621 Pioneer Farms Drive, Austin).
- Central Christian Church Easter Egg Hunt, 10 a.m. -- Easter egg hunt at Central Christian Church (CCC) in the heart of downtown Austin on Easter Sunday! All are welcome! The Easter bunny will arrive at 9:45 on the front lawn for picture opportunities, followed by the egg hunt at 10 a.m. and church service to follow at 10:50 a.m. (1110 Guadalupe Street, Austin).
- Trattoria Lisina in Driftwood, 11 a.m. Easter egg hunt with free photo ops with the bunny (with your own camera). Free. (13308 FM 150 W, Driftwood, TX 78619).