Sunday, July 3, 2011
To see the updated Splash Pad list, with 2013 schedules, click here.
View Austin Area Splash Pads in a larger map
- Bailey Park - New splash pad opened in 2010. 1101 W. 33rd Street, Austin 78705. (Photos). Open May 19 - September 9, 2012 daily from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Bartholomew Park - Brand new splash pad opened in May, 2011. Bartholomew Park, 5201 Berkman Drive, Austin. (Photos). Open May 19 - September 9, 2012 daily from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Chestnut Park - Located at 1404 East 16th Street, this splash pad is open from 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. daily. (Photos). Open May 19 - September 9, 2012 daily from 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Clarksville Splash Pad - Located at 1811 W. 11 Street. Open May 19 - September 9, 2012 daily from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Dick Nichols District Park - There is a kids water-play area with a seal spitting water and hike and bike trails that wander throughout. 8011 Beckett Rd., Austin 78749.
- Eastwoods Park - Located at 3001 Harris Park Blvd. Open May 19 - September 9, 2012 daily from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (Review)
- Liz Carpenter Fountain at Butler Park - The popular fountain, located next to the Long Center for the Performing Arts, across the street from Auditorium Shores, is open to the public 5 days a week. Hours of operation are: Monday: noon to 9:45 p.m. Tuesday - Sunday: 8 a.m. to 9:45 p.m. Kids love splashing around in this programmed fountain, where jets shoot water up in various patterns. (Photo). Open year-round.
- Lott Splash Pad - Located at 1108 Curves Street in Austin. Open May 19 - September 9, 2012 daily from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Metz Splash Pad - Free sprinkler park by Metz Recreation Center. It is located at 2407 Canterbury St. in Austin. Open May 19 - September 9, 2012 daily from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Pease Park's Water Sprayground - Pease Park is located at 1600 Parkway at Kingsbury St. in Austin. Open May 19 - September 9, 2012 daily from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (Review)
- Rosewood Splash Pad - The splash pad is located at 1182 Pleasant Valley in Austin. Open May 19 - September 9, 2012 daily from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. The neighboring Rosewood Pool is also free, but is only open from 1 - 8 p.m. for recreational swimming.
- Ricky Guerrero Splash Pad - Located at 2006 6th Street in Austin, it operates every day except Wednesday. On Wednesdays it will be closed for maintenance. Open May 19 - September 9, 2012 daily from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Southpark Meadows - Small bubbling fountains are located in The Grove, behind Mama Fu's, next to a great big, fun playground. Kids enjoy splashing and running through the water. The shopping center is located at 9300-9900 IH-35 South in South Austin. The fountain has no set operation schedule and is not always on.
- The Triangle - The park at The Triangle offers a fountain for children to play in. Adults enjoy shopping at the Austin Farmers' Market on Wednesdays from 3 - 7 p.m. The Triangle is located at 4700 N. Lamar Boulevard in Austin. (Photos). Not currently operational.
- The Domain - There is a little splash pad with bubblers located directly in front of Guest Services. There is another bigger fountain that you can play in, located in Domain II, on the walkway between Dick's Sporting Goods and Dillard's, in front of iPic Theaters. (Video). You should call Guest Services at (512) 873-8099 to confirm that it is turned on, as it it often kept off due to drought restrictions.
- Hill Country Galleria - There is an interactive fountain for kids to play in. The shopping center is located at 12700 Hill Country Blvd., Ste. T-100, Bee Cave. 512-263-0001. The fountain is turned on for the 2012 season, but will be turned off on Saturdays starting at 3 p.m.
- Water Playscape at Brushy Creek Park - There is no staying dry at this playscape, with jets gushing water from below and pipes spraying water from above. There is a playground and restrooms, as well as plenty of nearby picnic tables. Located at 3300 Brushy Creek Road in Cedar Park, it is open daily from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. (Photos). Operates May 1, 2012 through September.
- Champion Park - Kids can run through a blue whale skeleton and get sprayed by water. There is also a fun bubbler to play in. The sprinkler park is open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. Don't miss digging for dino bones in the shaded sand box. There are restrooms by the parking lot. Champion Park is located at 3830 Brushy Creek Road in Cedar Park. (Photos). Operates May through September.
- Cinemark Cedar Park - There is a decorative sundial fountain in front of the Cinemark theatre in the 1890 Ranch Shopping Center. The center is located at the intersection of FM 1431 and HWY 183A. The fountain turns on at 2 p.m. and remains on until approximately 10 p.m. Not currently operational.
- Water Playscape at Robin Bledsoe Park - This fun splash park features water guns and buckets that dump water on unsuspecting heads. It is fully enclosed, with a gate. There are restrooms and a playground close by. Located at 601 South Bagdad Road in Leander, it is open daily from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. May 1, 2012 through September 30, 2012. For more information on the Robin Bledsoe Park aquatic facilities, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at (512) 528-9909.
- Quarry Splash Pad - Brand new splash pad, opened in June, 2011. Admission is $1 per person (bring cash). Open 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. daily, through September 30, 2012. (Photos). Quarry Splash Pad recorded information line 512-943-1919.
- Falcon Pointe Splash Park - This splash park is open from May 1, 2012 to October 1, 2012, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. It is kid-powered, requiring kids to push a button to activate the water. After the button has been pressed, the water will remain on for 90 seconds. The splash park is located at the corner of Drifting Meadows Drive and Tranquility Lane in the development of Falcon Pointe in Pflugerville. (Photos)
- Main Street Plaza - 221 East main Street, across from the Round Rock Public Library. The Main Street Plaza Water Fountain is now open 7:30 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 10 p.m. Monday – Thursday (the fountain will be turned off from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. to accommodate programming in the plaza) and 7:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday – Sunday. Call the Round Rock Parks & Recreation Department at (512) 218-5540 or visit the website for more information.
- La Frontera - This outdoor shopping complex is located just north of the IH35 and Tollway 45 junction. At the intersection of Sundance Parkway and Kouri Avenue, you will find this small single jet fountain. You can park on Sundance Parkway. Go here to see some photos of this little fountain. Not always operational. There is no set operating schedule.